MiMiata - Miata & Fiata Owners in SE Michigan
- Current-Year minus the Year-of-Mfg must be >= 26
- $30 one-time payment - Registration valid for ten years
- Registration is listed in SOS & LEIN - this is a good thing
- Registration is NOT listed in SOS or LEIN. Whenever your plate is checked, the computers will return, "No record found." This is a bad thing. The only registration records are in a file
cabinet in Lansing. You are at increased risk of being stopped and detained by LE until this mess is sorted out. I have
also verified this information with SoS (Lansing), MSP (Lansing), Oakland
County Sheriff, ROPD & OPP.
- $35 one-time payment - Registration valid for as long as you own the vehicle.
- Standard plates only. Personalized/vanity, POW, Veteran, University, Specialty,
Dealer, Manufacturer or Ham plates are not permitted.
- The year-sticker must match the year of manufacture.
Michigan Vehicle Code: MCL 257.20a